Stepping Into Life
Location: Monte Toyon Retreat Center
220 Cloister Lane, Aptos CA, 95003
Dates: Friday Nov 4, 4:00 PM to Sunday Nov 6, 2022, 12:00 PM
Official Retreat site: https://www.uccr.org/montetoyon
Official Retreat Video: https://youtu.be/Dr0SobDPMY0
The purpose for the weekend retreat is to create the fellowship we crave and to put into action the Twelve Steps to spiritual progress. No matter what Step you are working on, you will find help and encouragement. We absolutely insist on enJOYing life, so plan on having a great and memorable weekend in the Santa Cruz Foothills. Note: *If you require funding assistance, petition your local Home Group for sponsorship consideration before registering online
COVID-19: Santa Cruz County lifted mask mandates in February 2022. At publication time, members are not required to wear a mask. Members may wear a mask if desired. Site and local COVID policies are subject to change.
The retreat registration desk opens at 4:00 PM on Friday November 4, 2022, with dinner starting at 6:00 PM that evening. The retreat ends at 12:00 PM on Sunday November 6, 2022.
- $275 Standard Registration for a Quad (4-person) Occupancy room
- Friday Dinner
- Lodging on Friday and Saturday nights
- Saturday Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
- Sunday Meal: Breakfast only
- Activities: Hiking, biking, music, beach, ocean, recreation, Aptos coffee and dining. Common Recreation: volleyball, frisbee, ping pong, horseshoes, softball, board games – bring your own gear.
What to bring
- Personal items (soap, shampoo, shaver, tooth brush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Sleeping bag or bedsheets and blanket, pillows and towels
- Shoes and clothing for hiking and sports. Bring warm clothes for likely cool weather
- Writing materials and program literature (White Book, Big Book, 12×12, SA’s “Step Into Action,” “Recovery Continues,” etc.), pens, notebooks, etc.
- Sports equipment
- Musical instruments (note: If you play a musical instrument consider bringing it and perhaps a “Retreat Band” will materialize!)
- Honesty, Open-mindedness, and Willingness (HOW).
If you would like to be of service at the retreat, or if you have general questions &/or registration questions about the retreat, please contact Kevin D and Randy A (co-chairs) at email@example.com. You might also consider carpooling with members from your regional area.